Emergence

Emergence
Gabriel turns Two: Happy Birthday Sweet Boy

Friday, October 12, 2007

Meme

Happy has tagged me in a meme - based on a book entitled unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity...and Why It Matters. I haven't read the book yet, so I'm letting stuff fly out of my mouth uninformed by the book.

(btw, if you don't know what a meme is, the definition is here - i had to look it up :)

Here's the task for the meme: name 3 negative perceptions about Christians, and 1 positive thing Christians should be known for.

Neg 1. Willfil Ignorance/Naivete
Neg 2. Caring more about beliefs than people
Neg 3. Sex hung up and obsessed

Pos 1. Willing to graciously sacrifice status and life for people and love

1 comment:

Happy said...

"Sacrifice status..."

Exactly.

You wouldn't believe how convicted I've become about my obsession with my reputation as I've thought over this meme and read others' thoughts on it. More to come over at the Shift shortly after I recover from both the flu and an insanely busy weekend.

Short, sweet, and totally to the point. Jemila, you've taught me more than you'll ever know about the importance of shooting straight.

Thank you.

Love,
Happy